Needlework from Sue Robinson

QPAC student and textile artist Sue Robinson has sent us some photos of her lovely work, plus some notes on the various projects she's involved with during Lockdown. Thank you Sue!

If you'd like to share your #LiveCreativelyQPAC endeavours with us please send photos in to us at info@qpc.org


"I’ve made hundreds of these little bears over the last seven years as a fundraiser for the Cancer Care and Haematology Unit at Stoke Mandeville Hospital. In memory of a friend’s daughter who sadly died of breast cancer at the age of 32, Becky’s Bears are an ongoing project for me and a small group of friends; none of us can imagine them not being something we do"


"Like many stitchers throughout the UK I’ve joined my local group of Sewing for the NHS. Here’s my first batch of scrubs bags, which was a satisfying stash-busting exercise as well as making me feel useful during lockdown."


"A bit more of a challenge this time! I can knit but had little experience of using a circular needle and stitch markers; got there in the end. The silk/wool yarn from Freya Jones was motivation in itself and I’m looking forward to wearing my finished cowl in cooler weather."


"I started this piece of stitching in a workshop with the wonderful Jessie Chorley at her shop in Columbia Road. It’s been time-consuming, has required personal decisions to be made, but has been tremendously enjoyable. Almost finished… what next?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexandra Rendle-Short

Announcing #LiveCreativelyQPAC